Get information and answers to your sexual health questions.
Best Practices Curriculum Training Registration
It's time to register!
May 24-25, 2017...
a 2-day Training for Educators on the Best Practices curriculum.
Best Practices in STD/HIV and Pregnancy Prevention is a 10-lesson curriculum, aligned with the Maine Learning Results, addressing the sexual health needs of adolescents ages 13-18.
During the training, participants will:
- explore specific lessons and activities in the curriculum on topics such as: abstinence, healthy relationships, goal-setting, decision-making, effective communication, STDs, barrier methods and pregnancy prevention,
- increase their comfort level and demonstrate skills in delivering lessons on sexual health topics,
- identify and practice responding to student questions,
- identify resources and tools available to support curriculum implementation, and
- network with other educators teaching sexual health throughout Maine.
Who should attend?
Maine health educators committed to implementing Best Practices with youth ages 13-18. Participants will need to attend both training days and have the commitment and administrator support to deliver the curriclum after the training.
Space is limited to 20 educators.
Where and when?
The training will take place at the Maine Principals' Association in Augusta on May 24-25, 2017.
What is the cost?
Thanks to support from the Dept. of Education, all costs for participants are covered, including: registration, mileage and substitute reimbursement.
Overnight lodging if traveling more than 1-1/2 hrs one way is available upon request.
Birds and Bees Spring Soiree