Get information and answers to your sexual health questions.
Belfast Family Planning & Primary Care
147 Waldo Avenue
Belfast, ME 04915
Belfast Family Planning and Primary Care provides high quality, accessible, and affordable primary care services in a medical home setting. You are at the center of a team that includes our health care providers, other physicians, and a community care team. Your team works with you to make decisions about your health care.
We offer same day appointments in order to meet your needs.
MaineCare, Medicare & private insurance are welcome. We offer a sliding scale for those without insurance.
Location & Phone:
147 Waldo Avenue, Wentworth Building
Monday: 8:00 - 3:30
Tuesday: 10:30 - 6:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 3:30
Thursday: 10:30 - 6:00
Friday: 8:00 - 3:30
We offer Primary Care Services, including:
- Adolescent Health Services
- Women's and Men's Health Services
- Geriatric Health Services
- Behavioral Health Services:
- Life Changes
- Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Reduction
- Chronic Medical Conditions
- Smoking Cessation and Weight Loss
- Grieving and Bereavement
Our practice also includes:
- Wellness Care and Physical exams
- Team-based coordination of care
- Management of chronic conditions and menopause
- Immunizations for patients 19 and under
- In-house lab services
- Interpretitve services for non-English speakers and the hearing impaired
Family Planning Services include:
- Gynecological and pelvic exams
- Pap smears
- Breast exams
- Birth control methods and supplies
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Testing and treatment of urinary, vaginal and sexually transmitted infections
- Services for midlife women
- HIV testing - Anonymous and Confidential by appointment only
- Looking for abortion care?
Alana Rose, FNP is a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner with experience providing comprehensive primary care services. She grew up in Maine and received a Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Southern Maine. She has worked in public health, community outreach nursing, and most recently as an FNP serving medically complex and underserved patients. Alana is committed to preventative health and supporting individuals to achieve their healthcare goals. She is excited to join the interdisciplinary team at Belfast Family Planning & Primary Care and in the off hours enjoys exploring the midcoast with her dog and partner.
Polly Beck, ANP graduated from the University of Massachusetts with a Master’s degree in Nursing and is certified as an Adult Nurse Practitioner. She has worked at Belfast Family Planning since 1991. She particularly enjoys working with adolescents and mid-life women. After hours, Polly enjoys kayaking, biking and family life.