Get information and answers to your sexual health questions.
Belfast Family Planning & Primary Care
147 Waldo Avenue
Belfast, ME 04915
Belfast Family Planning and Primary Care provides high quality, accessible, and affordable primary care services in a medical home setting. You are at the center of a team that includes our health care providers, other physicians, and a community care team. Your team works with you to make decisions about your health care.
We offer same day appointments in order to meet your needs.
MaineCare, Medicare & private insurance are welcome. We offer a sliding scale for those without insurance.
Location & Phone:
147 Waldo Avenue, Wentworth Building
Monday: 8:00 - 3:30
Tuesday: 10:30 - 6:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 3:30
Thursday: 10:30 - 6:00
Friday: 8:00 - 3:30
We offer Primary Care Services, including:
- Adolescent Health Services
- Women's and Men's Health Services
- Geriatric Health Services
- Behavioral Health Services:
- Life Changes
- Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Reduction
- Chronic Medical Conditions
- Smoking Cessation and Weight Loss
- Grieving and Bereavement
Our practice also includes:
- Wellness Care and Physical exams
- Team-based coordination of care
- Management of chronic conditions and menopause
- Immunizations for patients 19 and under
- In-house lab services
- Interpretitve services for non-English speakers and the hearing impaired
Family Planning Services include:
- Gynecological and pelvic exams
- Pap smears
- Breast exams
- Birth control methods and supplies
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Testing and treatment of urinary, vaginal and sexually transmitted infections
- Services for midlife women
- HIV testing - Anonymous and Confidential by appointment only
- Looking for abortion care?
Amy Fradel, FNP is a nurse practitioner who has been providing care to women and men of all ages, and children, in Waldo County since 1989. She is highly skilled in providing wellness care and managing acute and chronic illnesses. She holds a B.S.N. from the University of Maryland, a M.S.N. in primary care from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, and is certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. She and her husband, Arch Davis, live in Belfast and are the parents of two young adults.
Polly Beck, ANP graduated from the University of Massachusetts with a Master’s degree in Nursing and is certified as an Adult Nurse Practitioner. She has worked at Belfast Family Planning since 1991. She particularly enjoys working with adolescents and mid-life women. After hours, Polly enjoys kayaking, biking and family life.
Arianne Edgar, LCSW earned her Master’s in Clinical Social Work from Boston University, where she interned at Boston Children’s Hospital. Arianne moved to Maine in 2006 and began working as an outpatient counselor in school settings. Much of her counseling experience has been with families and young adults using therapies such as DBT, CBT, experiential therapy, motivational interviewing, and psychodynamic therapy to target and treat Depression, Anxiety, ADD, ADHD, PTSD, and Oppositional Defiant disorders. Arianne has found her calling in social work and believes in the importance of health for the mind, soul, and body. Arianne lives with her husband and their four children; she loves to read, travel, and create art.