Links for Sexuality Educators
FACT SHEETS, STATISTICS, & RESEARCH
- The Guttmacher Institute provides research-backed fact sheets and data about sexual health issues.
- The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy is a great resource for data and the latest research on teens and sexual health. This site also has fact sheets, policy briefs and pamphlets.
- SIECUS - Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States -- is a national organization that advocates for the right of all people to have accurate information, comprehensive sexuality education, and sexual health services.
- This SIECUS fact sheet presents statistics about public support for comprehensive sexuality education.
- The Results of the Youth Risk Behavior Survey reports the conclusions of the survey conducted by the Maine Department of Education in conjunction with the U.S. CDC regarding comprehensive sexuality education in the United States.
LESSON PLANS, CURRICULA, & INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS
- Advocates for Youth is a national organization that provides resources for professionals on adolescent reproductive and sexual health; the Sex Ed Center has lesson plans, curricula, national standards, and state legislation.
- Answer is a national organization dedicated to providing and promoting comprehensive sexuality education to young people and the adults who teach them. The organization has excellent lesson plans, videos, and online training.
- ETR Associates is a leading publisher of patient education, health promotion and health education pamphlets, and curricula -- with particular expertise in evidence-based programs.
- Global Protection sells sexual health and educational products, as well as condoms.
- Healthy Teen Network is a national organization focused on adolescent health and well-being with an emphasis on teen pregnancy prevention, pregnancy and parenting. Its evidence-based resource center provides information on how to implement evidence-based, teen pregnancy prevention programs.
- Inner Body is an online guide to human anatomy.
WEBSITES FOR TEENS