Get information and answers to your sexual health questions.
Maine Family Planning has an immediate opening for a full-time Prevention Coordinator. The Prevention Coordinator will provide technical assistance and support to youth-serving community organizations and schools to implement evidence-base sexual health and teen pregnancy prevention programs. Position is based out of Augusta but requires significant travel in Southern, Central and Western Maine..
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, health education, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth-serving organizations and schools to implement prevention programs (minimum of 2-4 years professional experience preferred).
- Commitment to a comprehensive approach to sexuality education and teen pregnancy prevention.
- Substantial knowledge of issues related to teen pregnancy prevention and/or youth prevention programming.
- Knowledge of process, outcome and impact evaluation.
- Commitment to implementing evidence-based interventions and curriculums.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and skills in developing and facilitating workshops, training sessions and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in collaborating with colleagues and community partners.
- Valid driver’s license. The position requires considerable travel (mileage and travel expenses will be reimbursed).
Benefit packages vary by position and hours worked, but may include: health insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, and 403(b) pension plan. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Maine Family Planning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
Maine Family Planning
P.O. Box 587
Augusta, ME 04332